We accidently bought too many bananas this week so we have a whole bunch of ripe bananas! My husband usually makes banana bread that is so good but I wanted to try something different. This recipe is not altered but it could easily be altered to be healthier – using applesauce, honey or cutting the sugar in half. These muffins are like cake so if you want a different texture you could use some whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Mash bananas in a separate bowl (I used a potato masher). Stir in bananas; mix well. Add flour and baking soda, mixing just enough to moisten.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe from Mr Food Test Kitchen – Easy Banana Muffins