This is my husband’s aunt’s quiche recipe, dear to our hearts as his grandmother Lorraine passed away this year. I’ve made this dish several times this summer, good for breakfast or anytime.
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp plus pinch salt
- Ham sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded cheese – Tillamook Cheddar, Pepper Jack, or Swiss
- 4 large eggs
1/2 t powdered mustard
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 C heavy cream (or half n half)
1 C sour cream (light is okay)
- Pie crust: Cut cold butter into flour. You may add 1 t onion powder and 1/4 t celery salt to the mix – gives it a little extra flavor. Roll out crust or pat by hand into pie dish.
- Filling: Line the bottom of the crust with thinly sliced ham. Then add cheese. In another bowl, add eggs, flour, mustard, pepper, and combine. Then add cream and sour cream. Thoroughly mix everything and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 375 for 40 minutes or until custard has set.